My Grandpa Purvis was named Louis and went by “Lou”. My first name is Louis, after him. I hated the name Louis while growing up. It wasn’t until my sister Kathy told me a story about Grandpa Purvis that I realized it was a name to be proud of. Read one of my early posts which I called “A Name To Be Proud Of” to see why you can “Call Me Lou.”
A Few Of My Latest Blogs
- Catch That Burglar.The dispatcher called on the radio and reported that there was a burglar alarm going off at a house west of town.
- Just A Pretend Fire.A little bit is good, but more is better………Right? Especially when it comes to fire…………..or was that ice cream?
- You Going to the Party??Friday afternoon in high school was a time of great anticipation. The weekend was almost there and plans had to be made.
- Dang You Monkey.Monkeys make great companions, just not on long road trips. They are fine till you stop at the Sonic drive through and buy them dinner.
- Where You Going?I was headed to college unbeknownst to my parents.
- Goodbye Momma…I left momma begging me to save her.
- Jump, John, Jump!Jumping from the parsonage roof with a homemade parachute couldn’t possibly end badly. Could it?
Archive of Blog Posts
Published by John Purvis
I was born and raised in Kansas. I am number 6 in a family of 7 children. My father was a minister in the United Methodist Church for 50 years. We moved every few years to a new church. Each new location became a new chapter in the journey. I have had the privilege of knowing so many different people from varying backgrounds. I have also had many friends and close relatives who’ve been able to share this journey. As an adult I have worked in law enforcement, taught crimnal justice in a university, and practiced as an attorney. I wanted to share some of the stories and adventures I have had.