My Grandpa Purvis was named Louis Purvis and went by “Lou”. My first name is Louis, after him. I was embarrassed and hated the name Louis while growing up. It wasn’t until my sister Kathy told me a story about Grandpa Purvis that I realized it was a name to be proud of. Read one of my early posts which I called “A Name To Be Proud Of” to see why you can “Call Me Lou.”
A Few Of My Latest Blogs
- My Burning Love…As a preachers kid, having my girlfriend over to the parsonage, after dark, was a tricky business. It required the planning and finesse of 007. Unfortunately, I was more like Lurch. I have manyContinue reading “My Burning Love…”
- Fake Preacher!The security guard at St Francis Hospital challenged dad to prove he was a minister.
- Kidnapped!The preachers kid was kidnapped on a youth group trip…..Sort of. You’d be surprised to know who did it and how he was rescued……Sort of.
- Dad Had a Drinking Problem…Dad had a drinking problem that caused shame, anger, and embarrassment as a minister.
- Angel on my Bumper.An angel on my bumper was the one thing I could give the retired preacher when he was close to death.
Archive of Blog Posts
Published by John Purvis
I was born and raised in Kansas. I am number 6 in a family of 7 children. My father was a minister in the United Methodist Church for 50 years. We moved every few years to a new church. Each new location became a new chapter in the journey. I have had the privilege of knowing so many different people from varying backgrounds. I have also had many friends and close relatives who’ve been able to share this journey. I wanted to share some of the stories and adventures I have had.