Some of the adventures were accidents and others were self-inflicted, but either way they made for good humor, insight, and a great amount of faith.
My Grandpa Purvis was named Louis and went by “Lou”. My first name is Louis, after him. I hated the name Louis while growing up. It wasn’t until my sister Kathy told me a story about Grandpa Purvis that I realized it was a name to be proud of. Read one of my early posts which I called “A Name To Be Proud Of” to see why you can “Call Me Lou.”
A Few Of My Latest Blogs
- But, I’m Not the Preacher.You can keep saying no, but in the end God leads you places you never expected.
- A Kick in the Rear by God.A good kick in the rear can teach many lessons.
- Coffee Anyone?The center dipped down to the pedals,….. so my skirt wouldn’t fly up while riding.
- Is That Lizard Smiling?There is no reason to fear. He’s smiling, right?
- Sitting Too Close to the Preacher.You sat down front because you were a preachers kid and dad wanted to keep an eye on you.
Archive of Blog Posts
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
Someone forgot to tell me to grow up…..
Two Of My Favorite Posts……so far.
Published by John Purvis
I was born and raised in Kansas. I am number 6 in a family of 7 children. My father was a minister in the United Methodist Church for 50 years. We moved every few years to a new church. Each new location became a new chapter in the journey. I have had the privilege of knowing so many different people from varying backgrounds. I have also had many friends and close relatives who’ve been able to share this journey. As an adult I have worked in law enforcement, taught crimnal justice in a university, and practiced as an attorney. I wanted to share some of the stories and adventures I have had.
(Photo: John and niece, Sandy, circa 1979)